One of the Pillars supporting the Grand Forks Promise is a community with Healthy & Recreational Activities
The Downtown 2,500 is a fun path through downtown. If you walk/run the loop you'll get 1/4 of your daily recommended steps!
As long as you're walking, why not add your miles to the 1 Million Miles Walking Challenge and be eligible for prizes and incentives. Besides it's always more fun together!
A healthier you grows here.
• Events such as Art Fest, Art and Wine Walks, the UNDIA Powwow and community International Nights create a one of a kind culture.
• Multiple fitness centers like the YMCA and ,Choice Health and Fitness, community health movements, Altru Health System and outdoor equipment rentals make it easy to stay active in Grand Forks
- Expand your Mind
• Between UND, NCTC and the vast knowledge of our citizenry, Grand Forks is bustling with opportunities to increase your knowledge and learn something new.
- Green Space
• The Greenway is the perfect outdoor space along the river complete with bike paths
- Outdoor Activity
• The Grand Forks Park District maintains 30 parks with tons of amenities, 2 golf courses, and 3 arenas/athletic complexes
- State Parks
• Turtle River State Park is just a short drive west of town and the Red River State Recreation Area is just across the river in East Grand Fork, MN